Residents are expected to reduce their water usage by 15%. You have been assigned a "Tier 1 allotment". If you can stick with that, you pay for water at the lowest current rate. If you exceed it, "Tier 2" pricing (a much higher rate) is applied. To find out more about how this affects you, visit the DWP website at at www.ladwp.com.
Here are rules to remember:
- Sprinklers are to be used only on Mondays and Thursdays. (Hand watering is still allowed on other days.)
- No more than 15 minutes per sprinkler station.
- Watering (by hand or by sprinkler) may not be done between 9am and 4pm.
- Don't water hard surfaces (sidewalks, driveways, etc.) or allow excess runoff to enter the street.
- Don't water if it's raining.
- Leaks must be fixed.
- If you wash your car, use a hose with a shutoff valve.
- Don't run a decorative fountain unless the water is being recirculated.
- Restaurants may not serve unrequested water.